Starts with the letter 'M'
- Magician Chess . Variant on 7 by 7 board with nine holes and magician able to move holes. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Jonathon Whittle.
- Magician Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Jonathon Whittle.
- Med Chess . Diagonal board game with a mix of traditional, modern and Shogi pieces. Author: Uri Bruck. Inventor: Erez Schatz.
- Mercurial Chess . A variant on 42 squares with a satallite board and the rescure of captured pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Mark Hedden.
- Microshogi . Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board. Inventor: Oyama Yasuharu.
- Mini Burmese Chess . Small variant of Burmese Chess. By A.J. Winkelspecht.
- Mini Slanted Escalator Chess . Chess on smaller asymmetric board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Mini Thunder Chess . A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Mono-dimensional Chess . Small, one dimensional variant with unorthodox pieces. Author: Glenn Overby II. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Moon Chess . Played with a Xiangqi set, but with different rules. Author: Peter Aronson.
- More10 . Chessvariant on a board with 10 squares. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Mulligan Stew Chess . 42-Square Swapping-Mage Teleporting-Assassin Dual-Color-Bound-King Limited-Double-Move Leaping-Pawn Chess. By Peter Aronson.
Total items listed: 12