Starts with the letter 'L'
- Ladder Chess . Chess variant on a `skewed' board with 40 squares. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Leap Chess . Game with manditory captures and other Checkers-like elements on a board of 44 squares. By Ken Franklin.
- Life, the Universe and Everything . 42-square double-move variant with unusual pieces, inspired by Douglas Adams' fiction. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Little Dragon Chess . Modern small variant of Xiangqi on board of 41 squares. By Peter Aronson.
- Los Alamos Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board. Author: David Howe.
- Los Alamos Extinction Chess with Bunkers . On 6 by 6 board with two additional bunkers, and extension chess rules. By Doug Chatham.
|6 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||6 'Small board' entries listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||2 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
|1 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6