Starts with the letter 'H'
- Half Chess . On a 4 by 8 board without pawns. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: John Groeneman.
- Halloween Knight Court . Halloween-themed variant on a tiny board.
- Hans 38 Gift Chess . Eric Greenwood's chess on a board with 38 squares. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Hans 40 Gift Chess . Pieces are digits or letters and move like their form on 5 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Heaven . Pieces trying to reach a goalfield can only move if in reach of a friendly piece. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Rob Nierse.
- Hex 39 . Hexagonal chess variant on small board with simple rules. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Torben Mogensen.
- Hexapawn . Martin Gardner's miniature game of three pawns vs the pawns. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Martin Gardner.
- Hexes Chess . Hexes Chess requires fewer chess pieces and a smaller board than conventional chess, but increases the mobility of each piece. Author: Mike Layfield and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Mike Layfield.
- Hexetera . Download Hexetera for ZOG! Also includes the game in squares: Etcetera! By Roberto Lavieri.
- Hippodrome. Solitaire game using a small board. Author: Doug Chatham. Inventor: Andy Lewicki.
- Hitchhiker Chess . Get your Hitchhiker to the Restaurant at the other End of the Board; inspired by Douglas Adams' books. By Dan Troyka.
- Holy War . Variant with 6 by 6 board with four additional corner squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Hopgi . Small-board variant of Chessgi with an L-shaped board, linked pairs of Kings, where all pieces can move like a Mao-hoppers. By Peter Aronson.
- Horus . Game with Royal Falcons where all pieces start off board and most captures return pieces to owner's hand. By Peter Aronson.
- Hourglass Chess . 38-Square board in shape of Hourglass. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Uri Bruck.
- HP Minichess . Small chess variant that could be played against a pocket calculator. Author: Marek14 .
Total items listed: 16