Starts with the letter 'R'
- Re. Drop pieces on a 5 by 5 board. (5x5, Cells: 25) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Reiner Knizia.
- Reality check. Remember the opposite site of flippable pieces. (Cells: 39) By Andrew Juell.
- Redistribution 3d Chess. Relatively small 3d variant with short-range pieces including Pasha family. (4x6x4, Cells: 96) By Charles Gilman.
- Reenterent Chess. There is one additional square where taken pieces can wait to reenter 5 by 8 main area. (5x8, Cells: 41) By Edward Lovett.
- Regulator Chess. Game on a 35 square board with a 7 square track on which a piece moves that determines how Knights and Bishops can move. (6x7, Cells: 42) By Samuel H. Bell.
- Robber-Baron. Which of the seven robbers is the robber-baron? (7x7, Cells: 39) By Seth McGinnis.
- Rollerball. Chess race fight on board formed by removing 3 by 3 square from center of 7 by 7 square. (7x7, Cells: 40) By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Rook Mania. Game where all pieces have different sorts of Rook-like moves. (7x7, Cells: 43) By Jared B. McComb.
- The Royal Standard. Pieces can only move when near a standard-bearer piece on board with 38 squares. (7x6, Cells: 38) By Alexandre Muñiz.
|9 'Game' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|9 'Small board' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 9