Starts with the letter 'S'
- Shatranji. Chessgi with Shatranj pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi. Play the Japanese form of Chess, in which captured pieces can be dropped back as your own. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Shogi-of-Chesstonia. 9 x 12 Shogi Variant that includes a Queen and some Modern Shatranj Pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shosu Shogi. 10x10 Shogi variant with Queens and more powerful promoted pieces. By Adam DeWitt.
- Suzumu Shogi. 16x16 Shogi variant based on Tenjiku Shogi. By Adam DeWitt.
- Swedish Cannon Chess. Mats Winther's new piece and game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Mats Winther.
|6 'Play by mail item' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
|6 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 6