Starts with the letter 'G'
- The Game of Three Generals. Each player has three generals, which command different sections of his army. (9x9, Cells: 81) By John Smith.
- German Chu Shogi Association. Missing description
- Gi-Qi-Game. Another one crossover of European, Chinese and Japanese chess. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Daniil Frolov.
- Gold General. Shogi piece that moves one square but not diagonally backwards. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Grand Shogi. Normal Shogi, but with extra pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi. Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Great Whale Shogi. Great Whale Shogi by R. Wayne Schmittberger. (11x11, Cells: 121) Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Gufuu Shogi . Tiny variant on a 2x3 board with four pieces. By Georg Dunkel.
- Gyaku-sama Shogi. Smaller version of Hanten Shogi. By Adam DeWitt.
- Gyokugi. Extends chevron ranks to analogues of Shogi generals, named after individual jewels. (11x11, Cells: 91) By Charles Gilman.
Total items listed: 10