Starts with the letter 'M'
- Mangonel Chess. Introducing the remarkable Mangonel piece, which can hurl pieces over its head, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Masonic Chess. Game played on a Masonic tile board. Author: KelvinFox. Inventor: George Dekle.
- Matrix Chess. Chess played on a tessellation of pentagons and diamonds. The name comes from the matrix in which diamonds are found. (14x14, Cells: 196) By David Cannon.
- Med Chess. Diagonal board game with a mix of traditional, modern and Shogi pieces. (8x8, Cells: 44) By Erez Schatz.
- Megastar of David. Enlarged version of Star of David 2 Level Hex Chess. (x2, Cells: 182) By Charles Gilman.
- Mercurial Chess. A variant on 42 squares with a satallite board and the rescure of captured pieces. (6x6, Cells: 42) By Mark Hedden.
- Meridian Chess. Introducing the Meridian, bishop-capture combined with bifurcated bounce-move, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Mini Fivequarters. The Fivequarters approach to 4-player variants, applied to 6x6 variants. (9x9, Cells: 45) By Charles Gilman.
- Mini Slanted Escalator Chess. Chess on smaller asymmetric board. (8x6, Cells: 44) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and David Short. Inventor: David Short.
- Missoum Perspective Chess. Missing description
- Moebius Chess. The board is a Moebius ring. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Menno Dekker.
- Morley's Chess. Boards with enlarged sides. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: F V Morley.
- Mortar Chess. Introducing another piece named Mortar, a form of cannon, on an H-shaped board. Positionally advanced. With zrf. By M Winther.
- Motorotor. Variant where two platforms slowly orbit a central board. (11x11, Cells: 43) By Gavin King.
- Murmillo Chess. Introducing the Murmillo piece, and new collision-capture, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
Total items listed: 15