Starts with the letter 'I'
- If regular octogonal chess would be possible?. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniil Frolov.
- Illogical Chess. Missing description By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Infinite Board Chess. Imagine the board is an infinite grid. By Keith Douglas.
- Infinite Chess. Chess on on infinite board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Tim Converse.
- Infinite Ring Chess. Experimental variant with board shaped as ring. (16x4, Cells: 64) By Robert J. Bell.
- Intrusive Squares. The board is split into 4 4x4 supersquares and reunited by 20 extra squares. (10x10, Cells: 84) By Charles Gilman.
- Irregular Quadrangle Chess. Chessboard of 96 quadrangles. (Cells: 96)
- Isis and Cam. Two variants based on ancient English universities and the rivers near them. (6x8, Cells: 48) By Charles Gilman.
|8 'Game' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Small board' entry listed||8 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
Total items listed: 8