Starts with the letter 'G'
- Gastrophete Chess. Introducing the Gastrophete, a catapult capable of hurling other pieces over its head (zrf exists). By M Winther.
- Gateway Chess. Pieces go a long way round to reach enemy territory. (8x10, Cells: 68) By Charles Gilman.
- Gaul Chess. Introducing the Gaul, which captures like a bishop, but moves by the bifurcated jump method, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. (Cells: 279) By Jack V. Cheiky.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. By Jack V. Cheiky.
- Gladiatrix Chess. Introducing the Gladiatrix, an extremely agile female gladiator, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Greg White's Chess Variants . Missing description Author: David Howe. Inventor: Greg White.
- Grenadier Chess. Introducing the Grenadier piece on an H-shaped board. A game for the attacking player. With zrf. By M Winther.
- Guanaco Chess. Introducing the Guanaco that hops two squares orthogonally continuously (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Gustavian Adjutant Chess. Standard chess with empty extra corner squares and extended castling (with zrf). By M Winther.
|10 'Game' entries listed||6 'Large board' entries listed|
|10 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||2 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entries listed|
|4 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 10