Starts with the letter 'D'
- Danadazo. Game played on the 47 edges of a grid with rounded corners, borrowing elements from Tafl. (Cells: 47) By Jared B. McComb.
- Decimal Quadruple Besiege. Army based on Échecs De L'Escalier arranged on enlarged Quadruple Besiege board. (20x20, Cells: 200) By Charles Gilman.
- Delta88 Chess. Chess on a Trigonal Board. (11x8, Cells: 88) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Diagonal Oblong Chess. The board is an oblong in diagonal direction. By Shi Ji. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Shi Ji.
- Diamond Chess 306. Missing description (22x24, Cells: 306) By David Cannon.
- Diamond Ring Chess. Courier-style pieces to diamond-shaped camps on a toroidal wraparound board. (12x12, Cells: 144) By Charles Gilman.
- Dimachaer Chess. Introducing the Dimachaer, a bifurcation piece that always lands on the diagonal second leg (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Dino-Czars. Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts. (Cells: 42) By Clark Rodeffer.
- Double Cross Besiege. A spinoff from Besiege Chess using FIDE-size armies. (8x16, Cells: 96) By Charles Gilman.
- Double Diamond. Irregular board with diagonal orientation. (9x9, Cells: 73) By Jim Aikin.
- Doublecannon Chess. Introducing the Doublecannon piece, a strong cannon relative with breathtaking tactical capabilities (Zillions file exists). By M Winther.
- Doubly Nested Chess. A variant hiding FIDE Chess on a Dabbaba binding. (17x17, Cells: 285) By Charles Gilman.
- Dragon Chess (tm). Commercial board game played on a large board with a new piece -- the Dragon. By Lex Parker.
- Dream Chess 46. 46-squasre variant played from opposite corners of a FIDE board with the other corners removed. (8x8, Cells: 46) By Charles Gilman.
- Dream Chess 47. 47-square variant played from opposite corners of a 7 by 7 board with the other corners removed. (7x7, Cells: 47) By Charles Gilman.
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. (16x8, Cells: 100) By Antoine Fourrière.
- Duel Chess. Captured pieces are sent to a separate Duel board to see who is eliminated and who returns. (5x7x2, Cells: 43) By Erez Schatz.
- Dürer's Chess. Dürer's Chess, played on a board of 151 tessellating pentagons and diamonds. (Cells: 151) By David Cannon.
Total items listed: 18