Starts with the letter 'G'
- Gastrophete Chess. Introducing the Gastrophete, a catapult capable of hurling other pieces over its head (zrf exists). By M Winther.
- Gateway Chess. Pieces go a long way round to reach enemy territory. (8x10, Cells: 68) By Charles Gilman.
- Gaul Chess. Introducing the Gaul, which captures like a bishop, but moves by the bifurcated jump method, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. (Cells: 279) By Jack V. Cheiky.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. By Jack V. Cheiky.
- Geodesic Chess. Played on a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Jack V. Cheiky.
- Gladiatrix Chess. Introducing the Gladiatrix, an extremely agile female gladiator, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Green Chess. More than 100 chess variants playable online. By János M. Uray.
- Greg White's Chess Variants . Missing description Author: David Howe. Inventor: Greg White.
- Grenadier Chess. Introducing the Grenadier piece on an H-shaped board. A game for the attacking player. With zrf. By M Winther.
- Guanaco Chess. Introducing the Guanaco that hops two squares orthogonally continuously (with zrf). By M Winther.
- A Guide to Variant Chess. Variant Chess Games.
- Gustav III's Chess. Invented by King Gustav III of Sweden (1746-92). Author: M Winther. Inventor: King Gustav III of Sweden.
- Gustavian Adjutant Chess. Standard chess with empty extra corner squares and extended castling (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Gustavian Camelrider Chess. Camelriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68squares) board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian Cannonrider Chess. Cannonriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68 squares) board. Cannonriders move differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Camelrider Chess (with Scorpions). Camelriders and Scorpions on a 68 square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Cannon Chess. The Swedish Cannon moves like a Korean Cannon, but can move like a rook if it cannot jump (+zrf). By M Winther.
Total items listed: 18