Starts with the letter 'S'
- Shatra. Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shatranjian Shogi. Ferz and wazir, dabbaba and elephant offset each other in this new Shatranj drop game. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Shock Troops. System of chess with standard board and pieces, but with new leaping pieces entering during play. By Charles Daniel.
- Stones and Relays. Pieces get to re-originate from neutral relay squares they attack. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
|5 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|5 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 5