Starts with the letter 'D'
- DCP.WOZ Chess. Large variant with unorthodox pieces. (9x10, Cells: 90)
- Demi Chess. Weak short range pieces with less symmetry than some more familliar pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Demotion Chessgi. a Chessgi variant which is limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns. By Fergus Duniho.
- Demotion Chessgi . Chessgi variant limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns. By Fergus Duniho.
- Deneb. Special pieces and winning conditions. (7x9, Cells: 63) By Roberto Lavieri.
- Deneb . Special pieces and winning conditions. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Deneb. Now you can play Deneb on the Play-By-Mail system! Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Deneb Play-By-Mail game. Observe this game being played in the Invent and Play contest! Turn 4. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Diamond Chess 306. Missing description (22x24, Cells: 306) By David Cannon.
- Diffusion Chess. Pieces start out in groups and must continually break apart into smaller groups. Played on a GO board. (19x19, Cells: 361) By Alexandre Muñiz.
- Dimachaer Chess. Introducing the Dimachaer, a bifurcation piece that always lands on the diagonal second leg (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Dino-Czars. Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts. (Cells: 42) By Clark Rodeffer.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts. By Clark Rodeffer.
- Diplomatic Mission. Cooperative chesslike game; commercial game. Inventor: Jim Deacove.
- Double Diamond. Pieces start diagonally across from one another and pawns move diagonally. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Double EIGHTEEN-STONE chess. David Short combines his Double Chess with Jim Aikin's Eight-Stone Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Short.
- Doublecannon Chess. Introducing the Doublecannon piece, a strong cannon relative with breathtaking tactical capabilities (Zillions file exists). By M Winther.
- Dr. Who Chess. Variant based on the popular TV seiries. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Drop Chess. Chess with a new dropping mechanic. By LuigiMaster285 .
- DUAL RING Tournament Format. Tournament format for handling uneven number of players. By Rich Hutnik.
- Dune Chess. Chess variant based on the Dune novels of Frank Herbert. By Larry L. Smith.
Total items listed: 21