Starts with the letter 'M'
- Machiavellian Chess. Four-player all-against-all game with unusual pieces; also known as Djambi. Inventor: Jean Anesto.
- Mad Threeparty Chess. Chess for three. Each opponent has a king which you may check. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Marinelli's three-handed chess, or Triple Chess. Historic chess variant for three players. (Cells: 136) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Philip Marinelli.
- Martian Chess. Two or four player strategic game with chess elements played with Looney piramids. (4x8, Cells: 32) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Andrew Looney.
- McGlinWell. Combining elements of three long-standing forms of hex Chess. (Cells: 91) By Charles Gilman.
- Memory CardChess for Four. Prior to each turn, turn over a card if it is available. If it is your unit, it is activated, otherwise, remember where it was. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Memory CardChess for Teams. Prior to each turn, turn over a card if it is available. If it is your unit, it is activated, otherwise, remembers where it was.
- Memory CardChess for Three. Prior to each turn, turn over a card if it is available. If it is your unit, it is activated, otherwise, remember where is was. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Mini Fivequarters. The Fivequarters approach to 4-player variants, applied to 6x6 variants. (9x9, Cells: 45) By Charles Gilman.
- Mini four player chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 48) By Daniil Frolov.
- mini-Chieftain. One Small Multi-Move Game in Two Configurations. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Joe Joyce.
- Mountain King Chess. First king to reach the center square of an 11 x 11 board wins. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Emmor Ray Sperry.
- Multi-chess. Chess variants for three or four players. By Bert Meerman.
- Multi-Dimensional Multi-Player (MDMP) Chess. 2-8 player Chess, traditional and alternate armies, optional laser. By Donald Cimics.
- Multichess. Four player chess variant. Author: Alfred Pfeiffer. Inventor: Dietrich Gläß.
- Multiplayer Chess Rules. A discussion of rules issues for multiple player chess games. Author: Jason65 .
- Multiplayer chess variants. Additional rules for chess variants with more players. By Derick Peterson.
Total items listed: 17