Starts with the letter 'W'
- Wa Shogi. Large Shogi variant from the 17th century or earlier. Author: Douglas Silfen.
- The War of the Stars . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- War of the Worlds . Chess army from planet Earth against the Martian forces of Jetan. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Weave and Dungeon . Abstract game played on a board divided into Weave and Dungeon, with movement following different rules on each part. By Dan Troyka.
- Where Eagles Fly . Missing description By Michael Nelson.
- Wildebeest Chess . Variant on an 10 by 11 board with extra jumping pieces. Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Wizard Chess . Variant on 12 by 7 board with fantasy pieces (includes Advanced Wizard Chess). Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Andrew P. Newton.
- Wizard's War . Game with piece-creating Wizards and a board divided into arena and enchanted sections. By Michael Nelson.
- Wolf Chess. Half-century old variant on 8 x 10 board with many unusual pieces. Author: Ivan Derzhanski. Inventor: Dr. Arno von Wilpert.
- Wreckage! . Features 3 new pieces: the Detonator, Dragon and the Flying Guillotine plus 5 Ninja Pawns. By Charles Daniel.
Total items listed: 10