Starts with the letter 'J'
- Jacks and Witches 84 . Variant on 84 squares with special pieces and special squares. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Javelin Chess . Pieces backed up by an extra row of single-capture Spearmen. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Jetan . Martian Chess, coming from the book The Chessmen of Mars. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Jetan, ERB . Implements different possible rules for Jetan. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Joshua's Chess . Missing description Author: Michael Nelson. Inventor: Joshua Nelson.
- Jumping Chess . Pieces capture by jumping. Board has extra edge squares making it 10x10. By Peter Aronson.
|6 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||6 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed||2 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
|1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6