Starts with the letter 'D'
- Dada. The colorbound chess variant. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Dead Ringers Chess. Double chess game with twin pieces that are captured simultaneously. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Decima. Variant on 10 by 10 board where you win when you have 10 points on the 10th row. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- Delegating Chess. 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Deluxe Chess. http://hometown.aol.com/taurusgaming/index.html. By Stephen R. Stockman.
- The Demon Game. 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Dervish Chess. Large variant with a great variety of pieces. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Benoit Dauphin.
- Directed Alice Chess III. 3-board Alice. By Joe Joyce.
- Double Chess. FIDE Chess x 2(with extra queen replacing what would be an extra king). Author: Fergus Duniho and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: David Short.
- Double EIGHTEEN-STONE chess. David Short combines his Double Chess with Jim Aikin's Eight-Stone Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Short.
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: John Third Duke of Rutland.
Total items listed: 12