Starts with the letter 'C'
- Caïssa Britannia. Play this British-themed game with royal Queens plus Lions, Unicorns, and Dragons. By Fergus Duniho.
- Camel and Rhino Chess. Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Camelrider Chess. P. Aronson's big-board variant with regular pieces and Camelriders. Author: M Winther. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Canonness Chess. Chess with Cannons and Canonesses (Vaos) on a differently shaped board. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Capablanca Random Chess. Randomized setup for Capablanca chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Reinhard Scharnagl.
- Capablanca's Chess. Play Capablanca's Chess on the Play-by-Mail system! Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Jose Raul Capablanca.
- Carnage. Combines Rococo type gameplay with Chess on a large board with augmented knights and ninja pawn drops. By Charles Daniel.
- Cataclysm. Large board variant with exciting, strategical play, and many powerful short-range pieces. By Greg Strong.
- Catapults of Troy. Large variant with a river, catapults, archers, and trojan horses! Author: Gary K. Gifford and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- CCC - The Clash of Civilizations Chess. ...two Chess Armies made from (some of) the most popular pieces used in Western and Eastern Chess games. By Namik Zade.
- CCChess - shuffle version. A few different imaginings of CCChess. By Namik Zade.
- CCCHess,Demon Vs Super Symchess. Pieces from Demon Chess face off against those from Super Symchess. By Namik Zade.
- Cellular Chess. Play Cellular Chess at Game Courier. By Carlos Cetina.
- Centennial Chess. 10x10 Variant that adds Camels, Stewards, Rotating Spearmen and Murray Lions to the standard mix. Author: David Howe. Inventor: John William Brown.
- Chesimals I. This game introduces "Chess Animals", independent groups of chess pieces that act as one large multi-square piece. By Joe Joyce.
- Chess 9x9. Exciting variant combining classical pieces with Amazons, Camels and Dragon Horses. By Carlos Cetina.
- Chess on a 12 by 12 board. Doug Vogel has placed the standard 32 chess pieces in the center of a 12x12 board. Author: David Paulowich. Inventor: Doug Vogel.
- Chess on a Larger Board with not so few Pieces Dropped Preset. Play this game with an interesting mix of Orthochess and Exotic pieces, some of which start in-hand! By Antoine Fourrière.
- Chess on a Longer Board with a few Pieces Added. Play this 8x10 game with three new pieces. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: David Howe.
- Chess With Wizards. Chess with Wizards on the Game Courier. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Chieftain Chess. Large variant using 4 royal pieces with command control, multi-piece moves and pieces that may shift direction as they move. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Chu Shogi. Historic Japanese favorite, featuring a multi-capturing Lion. Author: Adam DeWitt.
- Coherent Chess. Coherent Chess on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Carlos Cetina.
- Colossus. 10x10 chess with 4 Rooks, 4 Knights, 4 Bishops, 10 Pawns, 1 Queen and 1 King! Author: Charles Daniel and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Charles Daniel.
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Compound Chess. Chess on a 10x8 board with Sergeant pawns & armies of compound pieces. By Kevin Pacey.
- Compton Medieval Chess. Large variant with three new pieces. By Travis Compton.
- Courier Chess. A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Courier-Spiel. More modern version of Courier Chess, with Queen added. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Critters: Chesimals III. Chesimals redesigned. By Joe Joyce.
Total items listed: 30