Starts with the letter 'B'
- Bachelor Kamil. Play by E-mail! Combines ideas from Bachelor Chess and Wildebeest Chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Charles Gilman. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Battle Line. A military-style variant with 48 pieces per side. By Joe Joyce.
- Betza's Flying Circus. 4 Levels but only four pieces of two kinds can move on three of the levels. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Bifocal Chess. A game without capture : win by checkmate with a neutral piece! By Antoine Fourrière.
- Big Board Chess. Play Big Board Chess online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Alfred Schönfelder.
- Bird's Chess. Predecessor to Capablanca's Chess with Guard and Equerry. By Nick Wolff.
- Birds and Ninjas. Immaculately balanced game features pieces with unique fly-over capture ability and short-range diagonal leapers. By Charles Daniel.
- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi and Sergey Sirotkin.
|9 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|9 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Small board' entry listed|
|2 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||2 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 9