Starts with the letter 'G'
- Ganymede Chess. Mark Hedden's idea for "a large chess variant with many weird pieces...which wouldn't seem too different from orthodox chess". Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Mark Hedden.
- Gess. Combines GO with Chess: Invention of Archimedeans Mathematics Society, discussed by Ian Stewart in Scientific American. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Archimedeans Mathematics Society.
- Giant Chess. 16 x 16 variant with lots of powerful pieces and the unique four square occupying Dev piece which is not easy to capture. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Gigachess. With 20 different pieces on a 14 x 14 board, this is the latest in a sequence from Shako to Tamerlane II to Perfect 12. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Gothic Evolution Chess . Missing description By Harvey Patterson.
- Grand Cavalier Chess. The decimal version of Cavalier Chess. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Fergus Duniho.
- Grand Cavalier Chess. Play Grand Cavalier Chess with Jocly. By Fergus Duniho.
|1 'Game' entry listed||1 'Zillions of Games file' entry listed|
|4 'Play by mail item' entries listed||7 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7