Starts with the letter 'A'
- Abecedarian Big Chess (ABChess). Buy-your-own-army variant on a big board; 26 piece types. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Glenn Overby II.
- Advanced Wizard Chess. Chess variant on 10 by 10 board with fantasy chess pieces. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Paul E. Newton. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Andrew P. Newton.
- Advanced wizard chess. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Alekhine Chess. Named in honor of Alexander Alekhine, World Chess Champion 1927-1935, 1937-1946. By Michael Wortley Nolan.
- Alekhine Chess. A 14 x 8 game expands the sides of Capablanca-esque board, adds two pairs of marshalls and cardinals and an amazon in the middle. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Michael Wortley Nolan.
- Arabian Nights Chess. Large modern variant of historic Shatranj, with more pieces and flying carpets. (11x9, Cells: 84) Author: Paul E. Newton. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Arabian Nights Chess . Large modern variant of historic Shatranj, with more pieces and flying carpets. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
|3 'Game' entries listed||2 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed|
|2 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|7 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Each player has a different army' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7