Starts with the letter 'M'
- Maharadscha . Lone king, moving as queen+knight, versus an army. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Maharaja and Sepoys I. Lone king, moving as queen+knight, versus an army. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Maharaja and Sepoys II. Lone king, moving as queen+knight, versus an army. The maharaja. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- The Maharaja and the Sepoys. Powerful lonely king against a full set of pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Maka Dai Dai Shogi. Pieces promote on capture, some to multi-capturing monsters. (19x19, Cells: 361) Author: H. G. Muller.
- Maka-Dai-Dai Shogi. Historical ultra large Shogi variant. Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Makruk (Siamese Chess) . Part of a document describing various Historical Chess Variants. Author: Nader Daou.
- Marinelli's three-handed chess, or Triple Chess. Historic chess variant for three players. (Cells: 136) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Philip Marinelli.
- Mat-al-magnun. The fool's mate in Shatranj.
- Mimotaur Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
Total items listed: 10