Starts with the letter 'M'
- Machiavellian Chess. Four-player all-against-all game with unusual pieces; also known as Djambi. Inventor: Jean Anesto.
- Mad Mate . Wooden set for chessgi: captured pieces change hands and can be used as reinforcement. Inventor: Alex Randolph.
- Mark Davis's Chess Designs . With a round chess board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Mark Davis.
- Martian Chess. Two or four player strategic game with chess elements played with Looney piramids. (4x8, Cells: 32) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Andrew Looney.
- Metapontum . Cooperative chessvariant on hexagonal board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hans Theo Frenkel.
- Metapontum Peace Chess. Metapontum Peace Chess cooperative chess game. By Francois Tremblay.
- Military Chess. 19th century commercial chess variant. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: E. Joseph Cossman.
- Millennium Chess . Commercial variant on 15 by 8 board with almost twice the normal set of pieces.
- Ministers Chess. Commercial variant on a 9x9 board with an extra Queen (called a Minister). Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Michael Corinthios.
- Mob Strategy. Mob Strategy, The Takeover Game, presented by The Game Pile. By Jeff Rients.
Total items listed: 10