Starts with the letter 'M'
- Machiavellian Chess. Four-player all-against-all game with unusual pieces; also known as Djambi. Inventor: Jean Anesto.
- Macrochess . Board is formed by having a 4 by 4 grid at each side of a cube. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Mad Mate . Wooden set for chessgi: captured pieces change hands and can be used as reinforcement. Inventor: Alex Randolph.
- Mark Davis's Chess Designs . With a round chess board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Mark Davis.
- Martian Chess. Two or four player strategic game with chess elements played with Looney piramids. (4x8, Cells: 32) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Andrew Looney.
- Maze. Cooperative chesslike game; commercial game. Inventor: Jim Deacove.
- Memory CardChess for Four. Prior to each turn, turn over a card if it is available. If it is your unit, it is activated, otherwise, remember where it was. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Memory CardChess for Teams. Prior to each turn, turn over a card if it is available. If it is your unit, it is activated, otherwise, remembers where it was.
- Memory CardChess for Three. Prior to each turn, turn over a card if it is available. If it is your unit, it is activated, otherwise, remember where is was. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Memory CardChess for Two. Like regular CardChess, but cards are flipped face down when not moving. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Metapontum . Cooperative chessvariant on hexagonal board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hans Theo Frenkel.
- Metapontum Peace Chess. Metapontum Peace Chess cooperative chess game. By Francois Tremblay.
- Military Chess. 19th century commercial chess variant. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: E. Joseph Cossman.
- Millennium Chess . Commercial variant on 15 by 8 board with almost twice the normal set of pieces.
- Millennium Chess Preset. This is the preset for Millennium Chess. Author: Rich Hutnik.
- Ministers Chess. Two queens on each side on a 9x9 board, available commercially. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Ministers Chess. Commercial variant on a 9x9 board with an extra Queen (called a Minister). Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Michael Corinthios.
- Mob Strategy. Mob Strategy, The Takeover Game, presented by The Game Pile. By Jeff Rients.
- Monarch Hexagonal Chess. Proprietary hexagonal variant. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Jean de Poel.
- Musketeer Chess. A game that adds extra pieces to Chess, playable online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Zied Haddad.
Total items listed: 20