Starts with the letter 'M'
- Macrochess . Board is formed by having a 4 by 4 grid at each side of a cube. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Mapped Chess . Missing description By Stephane Burkhart.
- Mapped Chess. Missing description (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By Stephane Burkhart.
- Megastar of David. Enlarged version of Star of David 2 Level Hex Chess. (x2, Cells: 182) By Charles Gilman.
- Meirav. Pieces are buried before they are captured, buried pieces may capture other buried pieces. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By כהן דותן.
- Melbourne Chess and Christchurch Chess. 3-D variant on an 8x8x8 board. (8x8x8, Cells: 512) By Charles Gilman.
- Millennium 3D Chess (tm) . (Link.). Inventor: William L. D’Agostino.
- Missionary cubic variants. Cubic-cell game with mixture of simple and compound forward-only pieces. (6x8x6, Cells: 288) By Charles Gilman.
- Ms. Alice Chess. Alice Chess played on one board. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Multi-Dimensional Multi-Player (MDMP) Chess. 2-8 player Chess, traditional and alternate armies, optional laser. By Donald Cimics.
Total items listed: 10