Starts with the letter 'W'
- Warlock Chess. Introducing the Warlock piece, which can transform between Korean Cannon and Rook (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Warp Point Chess. Knights are replaced by Warp Points that other pieces can move between. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jason Shields.
- The Water Buffalo Game. Everybody's got a water buffalo! (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jared B. McComb.
- Weakest Chess. Pieces are weakenend as they must use a turn to change direction or flip between taking and non-taking mode. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Werewolf Chess. An nearly invincible, but bribable Werewolf replaces the Queen. (8x8, Cells: 64) By H. G. Muller.
- Wey. Another variant in the same family as Avon, Cam, Isis, and Kennet. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- White Elephant Chess. Four variants pitting the white Elephant army against black with the normal FIDE array. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Peter Aronson.
- Wizard's Curse. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
|8 'Game' entries listed||1 'Each player has a different army' entry listed|
|1 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 8