Starts with the letter 'L'
- Lancers Chess. chess with lancer piece, lancers instead of knights. By JT K.
- Lene Hau Chess. Pieces take several turns for doing one move, going only one square per turn. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Levitating Kings. Kings can levitate orthagonally or diagonally over a line of friendly pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Lifeform Chess. Instead of individual units, pieces are parts of the body of a giant animal. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Lion Chess. Replaces the riders in Chess with hoppers. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- LiQi. Very Strong Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Larry L. Smith.
- Liquid Chess. Missing description By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Lumberjack. Pieces move depending on the column they are on. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Bruce Zimov.
|8 'Game' entries listed||1 'Orthodox chess' entry listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 8