Starts with the letter 'P'
- Pachessi. Race and chess game on board formed by removing 3 by 3 square from center of 7 by 7 square. (7x7, Cells: 40) By Peter Aronson.
- Palace Revolution. Variant on 44 square board with Templar Knights and Squire Pawns. (7x8, Cells: 44) Author: Peter E. Leyva. Inventor: Peter E. Leyva.
- Panal: a hexagonal chess. A double-royal piece variant on a 61-hex board. (Cells: 61) By Glenn Overby II.
- Patricia. On a 5 by 5 board, with drops and changing pieces. (5x5, Cells: 25) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Rob Nierse. Inventor: Rob Nierse.
- Pawn Less Chess. New pieces, no pawns, and 20 squares removed from the 8 by 8 board. (8x8, Cells: 44) By Uri Bruck.
- Peng Hu rules. Rules for half-board Xiangqi. (8x4, Cells: 32)
- Petty Chess. Chess on a 5 by 6 board. (5x6, Cells: 30) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: B. Walker Watson.
- Philosophers Chess. Chess variant on two small boards with usual and `philosophical' pieces. (6x6, Cells: 40) By Darren Izzard.
- Pink Panther Chess. Possess the Pink Panther diamond give your piece extra moves. (7x7, Cells: 49) By Charles Gilman.
- Pirate Chess. Two or three pirates fight on a board with 39 triangles. (Cells: 39) By Guillermo Alcántara.
- PiRaTeKnIcS. Pirates on ships fight each other in 44-squares chess variant. (6x8, Cells: 44) By David Jagger.
- Pirates-Henge-Ho. Small variant with pirates theme. (5x7, Cells: 38) By R Stephen Chafe.
- Pocket Polypiece Chess 43. Game with off-board pocket where all pieces of a type change when one piece of a type is moved normally. (7x6, Cells: 43) By Antoine Fourrière.
- Pompeii Chess. Variant on board with 25 squares. (7x7, Cells: 25) By Dan Troyka.
- Power Chess 1998. Taken pieces can reenter. (5x7, Cells: 39) By Ronald Hoekstra.
- Prisoner's Escape. Free your Prisoner by getting it to an unattacked square -- a small board version of Anticheckmate Chess. (7x8, Cells: 44) By Peter Aronson.
- Puzzle Shatranj. Shatranj on a 15 puzzle. (8x8, Cells: 60) By John Smith.
Total items listed: 17