Starts with the letter 'V'
- Venator Chess. Introducing the Venator, a bifurcation cannon related to the Korean cannon, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Victorian Chess. Missing description (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: John Kipling Lewis. Inventor: John Kipling Lewis and David Paulowich.
- Vierschach. 19th Century 4-player game where allies start off at right angles to each other. (14x14, Cells: 160) Author: Jörg Knappen. Inventor: G. Arthur Lutze.
- Viking Chess. Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. (12x7, Cells: 84) Author: Tomas Forsman and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Vyremorn Chess. Large variant on two overlapping square boards. (Cells: 132) By Nathan McDonald.
|5 'Game' entries listed||5 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Three or more players' entry listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 5