Starts with the letter 'U'
- U12 Shogi. A new kind of large shogi game. (12x12, Cells: 144) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ulchesgi. Like Ultima and Chess and Shogi. (12x8, Cells: 96) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ultimate Shogi. Taikyoku Shogi. Extremely large shogi variant. (36x36, Cells: 1296) Author: Isao Umebayashi and Larry L. Smith.
- Ultra Chess. On 10 by 10 board with two queens, and major pieces have an additional king's move. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Ruggero Micheleto.
- Ultra Slanted Escalator Chess. Game on an asymmetrical board of 84 squares with Crabs and Ultras. (10x9, Cells: 84) By David Short.
- Ultrachess. Chess variant with two queens on 9 by 8 board. (9x8, Cells: 72) Author: John Ayer and Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess. Variant based on modern warfare. (10x10, Cells: 84) By Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Undenary Chess. Large variant with superpowerful King; a square version of Hexmate. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Michael A. Rouse.
- Unicorn Chess. 10x10 variant with a new piece that moves as a Bishop or a Nightrider. (10x10, Cells: 100) By David Paulowich.
- Unicorn Great Chess. Lions have been added to Unicorn Chess! (10x10, Cells: 100) By David Paulowich.
- Univers Chess. A Carrera's Chess variant based on Bruno Violet's Universal Chess. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Fergus Duniho.
- UOS (Universal Origin Spiel). Variant on a board with 113 diamond-shaped spaces. (Cells: 113) Author: Jörg Knappen. Inventor: Gerhard Loos.
- Upchess. Pieces moves depend on which rank piece is on on 11 by 11 board. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Mark Leff.
Total items listed: 13