Starts with the letter 'P'
- Pacific Chess. Variant on ten by ten board. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Palace Shogi. A complicated hybrid of Shogi, Xiang Qi, and Chess. By Silvia Hollinshead.
- Panchimera. all the king's horses - a variant that doubles the number of each FIDE piece and then adds the knight augmented pieces. (11x12, Cells: 132) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Passed Pawns Chess. A Decimal Falcon Chess Variant. (10x10, Cells: 100) By George William Duke.
- Passed Pawns, Scorpions and Dragon. More Falcon Chess Variants. By George William Duke.
- The Pattern Game. Missing description (12x12, Cells: 144) By Larry L. Smith.
- Paulovits's Game. Paulovits's chess variant, c. 1890, featuring leaping pieces Pasha and General (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Pawnier Chess. Missing description (11x9, Cells: 99) By Patrik Hedman.
- Pegniar Chess. Introducing the Pegniar, a very interesting bifurcating bounce-slider, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Penta War. Huge game with five clans. (17x17, Cells: 319) By Joost Aan de Brugh.
- Perfect 12. 36 pieces per player on 12 by 12 board. (12x12, Cells: 144) By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Persian Chess. Persian Chess. (9x9, Cells: 85) By Anooshiravan Ahmadi.
- Persian Chess. Persian Chess is a citadel 9x9 game. By Persian Chess.
- Phi Chess. Large variant variant inspired by the golden ratio, Phi. (13x8, Cells: 104) By Joshua Morris.
- Phi Chess with Different Armies. Missing description (13x8, Cells: 104) By Joshua Morris.
- Pick-the-team chess. Make up a list of pieces and choose your pieces from your and your opponents list. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Pillars of Medusa. A variation of Turkish Great Chess plus two additional pieces, the Morph and the Medusa. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Pinwheel Chess . Four-player, all-against-all variant played on a pinwheel-shaped board. By C. George Boeree.
- The Pit. 10 by 10 board has pit in the middle that can be crossed by Sorcerer piece. (10x10, Cells: 84) By Daniel Roth.
- Ploy. Strategic Game of Maneuver and Capture, 3M Company - 1970. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Dennis Matheson.
- Politically Correct Chess. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By Larry L. Smith.
- Powerchess. Variant on 10 by 10 board with additional queen and combination piece per player. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: John Ayer.
- Pre-Grandchess. Variant on ten by ten board inspired by Freeling's Grandchess. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Eric V. Greenwood.
- Prime Ministers Random Chess. Missing description (9x8, Cells: 72) By Jose Carrillo.
- Prisoner's Dilemma. Checkmate the King and rescue the Prisoner to win. (Cells: 84) By Steve Costa.
- PromoChess. Everything but the king can power up. Mix of Japanese/Western/fairy pieces. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Glenn Overby II.
Total items listed: 26