Starts with the letter 'K'
- Kaissa . Decimal variant developed from descriptions in John Norman's Gor books. By Jeff Shaffer.
- Kamikaze Mortal Shogi. Send your Kamikazes on suicide missions in this Shogi variant. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Fergus Duniho and Roberto Lavieri.
- Keyles. Large variant with special king capture rule. Variant of Quex. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Stephen Larson.
- King and Fool Chess. Missing description By Patrik Hedman.
- King's Court. Variant on 8 by 12 board with Chancellors and Jesters. (12x8, Cells: 96) By Sidney LeVasseur.
- Kings. A modest variant with more than one king. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Kings Court . Commercial chess variant on 12 by 8 board based on the historical Courier chess. By Sidney LeVasseur.
- Knavish Chess. Variant using square-board analogues to 6-way hex-board Dabbabas. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Charles Gilman.
- Knight Mare. A large variant with several promotion levels. (11x11, Cells: 120) By William C. Schmidt.
- Korean Carrera. Missing description (15x10, Cells: 150) By Daniil Frolov.
- Korean Chess. Korean Chess: presentation plus a strong Zillions implementation. By M Winther.
- Kozune. Missing description (9x9, Cells: 81) By Joshua Morris.
- Kristensen's Game. A conscious attempt to restructure Chess from 1948. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ejnar Kristensen.
- Kung Fu Chess. On a 14x10 board, the pieces in this variant are based on Kung Fu martial arts styles of combat. (14x10, Cells: 140) By Tim Bostick.
|14 'Game' entries listed||14 'Large board' entries listed|
|3 'Oriental' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|2 'Sold commercially' entries listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 14