Starts with the letter 'B'
- BacCanCat. 4-player variant with Cannons and Arrows, Cathedralling, and alternative ways to win. (16x16, Cells: 256) By Charles Gilman.
- Bach Dang Chess. On board with 88 squares, with crafts and other special pieces and rules. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Vu Q Vo.
- Bachelor Hunterbeest. Hunterbeest without the Queen or Gnu - to start with... (9x8, Cells: 72) By Charles Gilman.
- Bachelor Kamil. Combines ideas from Bachelor Chess and Wildebeest Chess. (9x8, Cells: 72) By Charles Gilman.
- Bachelor Nearlydouble. Applying the Nearlydouble principle to Bachelor Chess. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Charles Gilman.
- Back-to-Back Chess. Both sides start "Back-to-Back", seperated by an uncrossable line on a specially-shaped 100 square board. (14x8, Cells: 100) By Paul Kreutzer.
- Basic Bestiary. Like Wildeurasian Bestiary but without the Hopping-capture pieces. (13x12, Cells: 156) By Charles Gilman.
- Battle Chieftain Chess. Warriors and a king fight on a board with walls and holes. (10x11, Cells: 84) By Craig Daniel.
- Battle of the Six Armies. Multiplayer with a trigonal board. (29x18, Cells: 378) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Battle of the Six Armies. Construction of board and pieces to play B6A. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Bear Chess. A popular Russian game; bears leap to second perimeter. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Mikhail Sosnovsky.
- Beastmaster Chess. Large chess variant with a fantasy theme, emphasizing leaping pieces. (8x11, Cells: 84) By Glenn Overby II.
- Beau Monde Chess. Large variant where pieces move with variations of the Queen move. (11x10, Cells: 100) By Sergey Sirotkin.
- Beautiful Sun Chess (Meiriqi). A 10x10 blend of FIDE, Shogi, and Xiangqi influences. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Glenn Overby II.
- Bede Chess. Missing description (9x11, Cells: 99) By Patrik Hedman.
- The Bermuda Chess Angle. Pieces can vanish in a central grid (The Bermuda Chess Angle) depending on dice-determined coordinates. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Besiege Chess. Double height chess board, where black is surrounded by white. (8x16, Cells: 128) By Köksal Karakus.
- Beyond Omega. Large abstract variant with radial and oblique pieces requiring rotation. (15x15, Cells: 225) By Charles Gilman.
- Bifocal Chess. A game without capture : win by checkmate with a neutral piece! (9x9, Cells: 81) By Antoine Fourrière.
- Big Battle. Large (10x10), commercial variant. By M. K. Morrison.
- Big Board Chess. On a 10 by 10 board with individual opening setup. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Alfred Schönfelder.
- Big Chess. Chess variant on a 14 by 8 square board with extra Pawns, Knights and Bishops. (14x8, Cells: 112) By Sergey Sirotkin.
- Big Outer Chess. Large variant with concentric circles on the board, so there is less concentration on the centre. (12x12, Cells: 148) By Peter Blanchard.
- Bigsiege Chess. Combining the length of Besiege Chess with the width of Doublewidth Chess. (16x16, Cells: 256) By Charles Gilman.
- Bilateral Chess. Game on 12x8 board adding Lions, switching Cannons, Wizards and pushing Elephants, but keeping the standard array in the middle. (12x8, Cells: 96) By Antoine Fourrière.
- Bird's Chess. Chess variant on 10 by 8 board from 19th century England. (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and John Gollon. Inventor: Henry Bird.
- The Bishop Adjustment Rule. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Bishops Conversion Rule. Rule for variant where bishops start on equal colored squares, with sample games. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Carlos Cetina.
- Black Hole Chess. Variant on board with 100 squares with hole in middle of board, combination pieces and hiding squares for kings. (9x11, Cells: 100) By David Short.
- Bodyguard Chess. A 9x9 variant, with a Bodyguard and two Kwaggas per side (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Bolyar Chess. A historical variant, native to Bulgaria, with imaginative rules (zrf available). Author: M Winther.
- Bombardier Chess. Introducing the Bombardier, combining a rook with a camelrider (zrf exists). By M Winther.
- Bomberman Chess. Variant on 8 by 10 board with bombs and diffusers. (10x8, Cells: 80)
- Buccaneer Chess. Introducing the Buccaneer and the bounce-move, whereby the piece bounces diagonally away from its course (zrf available). By M Winther.
Total items listed: 34