Starts with the letter 'V'
- Vagabond Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Patrik Hedman.
- Variable Chess. A light piece is first moved outside the board. From there it can be introduced at any time via an empty square (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Variants with Queens. Some variants, mostly dealing with queens, and mostly modest. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Las Vegas Fun Chess. Special chess dice determine what piece to move. Author: Edward D. Collins. Inventor: George Koltanowski.
- Veles Chess. Introducing the deflecting Veles bifurcator on a Gustavian board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Venator Chess. Introducing the Venator, a bifurcation cannon related to the Korean cannon, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- veSQuj - Chess with 21st century armies. A highly tactical variant with a 21st-century-war theme. (6x6, Cells: 36) By Glenn Overby II.
- Veteran Chess. Most pieces can or must irreversibly promote when they capture. By H. G. Muller.
- Victorian Chess. Capablanca variant with the most powerful pieces starting on the outside. (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: John Kipling Lewis and Greg Strong. Inventor: John Kipling Lewis and David Paulowich.
- Viennese Chess, or Viennese Kriegspiel. Start with a secretly made setup. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: David Howe. Inventor: Dr. Ritter von Korwin-Dzbanski.
- Vierschach. 19th Century 4-player game where allies start off at right angles to each other. (14x14, Cells: 160) Author: Jörg Knappen. Inventor: G. Arthur Lutze.
- Viking Chess. Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. (12x7, Cells: 84) Author: Tomas Forsman and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Viking Chess. Game board and pieces in search of rules. (Cells: 37) Author: Michael Ireland.
- Vimes Chess. Variant inspired by a footnote in a Discworld novel. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- Voidrider Chess. A 43 square variant with movable spaces. (7x9, Cells: 43) By Fergus Duniho.
- Vortex Chess. Ortho-chess with the inclusion of a new piece: the Portal. By Robert LeRoy.
- Vyremorn Chess. Large variant on two overlapping square boards. (Cells: 132) By Nathan McDonald.
Total items listed: 17