Starts with the letter 'R'
Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- R-Chess . Captured pieces are held in reserve and then dropped. By Marcello Netto.
- Ramayana Chess . Chess variant inspired by the Ramayana epic. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Random-Drop Chess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Rank behind Rank . 30 pieces on a side with two Kings each on a 6 by 12 board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Raptor Chess . Two pairs of complimentary flying/leaping pieces: the Raptors and the Flying Bombers change the nature of the game. By Charles Daniel.
- Raumschach . The classical variant of three-dimensional chess: 5 by 5 by 5. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
- Ravioli Chess . Chess on two boards squeezed together at the edges. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Re. Drop pieces on a 5 by 5 board. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ready Chess . Pieces cannot capture right after capturing, they have to be restored first. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Rebel Chess . King's Pawn is replaced by Recruiter piece that moves like an Alfil and can change a piece's side. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Rebel Fury . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Recognized Variants of the Month . Game Pak I. (Recognized!)
- Reduced Endgame Chess . Two kings and six pawns are used for practicing endgames. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Reenterent Chess . There is one additional square where taken pieces can wait to reenter 5 by 8 main area. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Edward Lovett.
- Regenbogen . Unusual spectrum-based game with Wizards, Clerics and Spirits. Author: Joost Aan de Brugh. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Regulator Chess . Game on a 35 square board with a 7 square track on which a piece moves that determines how Knights and Bishops can move. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Samuel H. Bell.
- Relativistic Chess. Squares attacked by the opponent are considered not to exist. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Kevin Whyte.
- Renezan's Chess . Proprietary game, Bi Triad, 1993. Inspired by Wildebeest Chess. Author: Yu Ren Dong. Inventor: BiTriad.
- Renniassance Chess . Game played on several sizes of large board with 68 pieces per side. Author: Edward Holzman. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Rhino Chess . Collection of variants designed to demonstrate the Rhino family of pieces. By Peter Aronson.
- Rifle Chess . Pieces are taken by shooting: capturing without moving. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: W. B. Seabrook.
- Right or Left Chess . Pieces are either right-moving or left-moving and may flip from one to the other. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- River Chess . Get one of your pieces to the other side of the board. By Karl Scherer.
- Robber Chess . Sliding pieces can make multiple captures, and the goal is to capture all opposing pieces. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Robber-Baron . Which of the seven robbers is the robber-baron? Author: David Howe. Inventor: Seth McGinnis.
- Rococo . A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson and David Howe.
- Rogue Pawn Chess . Pawns may double-move on any rank except for their starting rank. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Rollerball . Chess race fight on board formed by removing 3 by 3 square from center of 7 by 7 square. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Rolling Kings . Kings must move along a predetermined path. By Peter Aronson.
- Roman Chess . Commercial chess variant on 10x10 board with two non-royal kings added. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Mark Woodall.
- Romanchenko's chess . Game on a Z-shaped board to inspire new thinking. Author: Andrew Juell. Inventor: V. Romanchenko.
- Rooksquare Chess . Win by moving piece to corner at opponent's side. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Rotor-blades Chess . Played on a circular tessellation of 150 triangular cells. By David Cannon.
- Rotorblades Fusion Chess . A cross between my own Rotorblades Chess and Fergus Duniho's Assimilation Fusion Chess, with a few extra features. By David Cannon.
- Round Honeycomb Chess . Round Honeycomb Chess is a cross between Circular/Cylindrical Chess and Hexagonal Chess. By David Cannon.
- Round Table Chess 84 . Chess on a special round board with 84 squares. By Richard G. VanDeventer.
- Royal Amazon Chess . Queens are replaced by Royal Amazons. By Peter Aronson.
- Royal Fury. A Futuristic Chessery Game - relaxed win rules. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Royal Guard Chess . Royal Guards help defend King and all pieces can promote. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Royal Queens Chess . Game with full board and all pieces are sliders or immobile and victory is by capture of all 8 opposing Queens. Inventor: Derek Nalls.
- Rubble Chess . Pieces must clear out unoccupied squares before they can move through them. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Adam Norberg.
- Ruddigore Chess . Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece. By Peter Aronson.
- Russian Symmetrical Chess. Rusian 9x9 variant with symmetrical setup and Pawns that get more powerful halfway across the board. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: E. F. Burtzev.
- Rutherford's 1-dimensional Shogi. Modern one-dimensional chess variant, based upon Shogi. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Jonathan H Rutherford.
- Ryu Shogi . Large modern shogi variant. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
Total items listed: 45