Starts with the letter 'G'
- G.U.E. 3D Chess. A 3D Chess game paying homage to those really great Zork adventures. By Larry L. Smith.
- Gadsden's Toroidal Chess . Edges of the board are considered to be adjacent. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Richard Gadsden.
- Gala . Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Michael Asher.
- Geodesic Chess. Played on a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Jack V. Cheiky.
- Gigachess . On 14 by 14 board with 20 different pieces. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Gladiators . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Glinski's Hexagonal Chess . Chess on a board made out of hexagons. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Wladyslaw Glinski.
- Gnu . Simple game featuring the Gnu as promotee. By Joost Aan de Brugh.
- Go-Moku with Chess Pieces . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Goal Box Chess . Game on 42 squares with no King and the goal of placing pieces into 2 special squares. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Kevin McPartland.
- Gods on Pluto . Plays with extremely weak pieces, no pawns, and drops. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Golem Chess . Variant where the Queen is replaced by the Golem, a piece that must be captured twice to remove it from play. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Aronson and Ben Good.
- Gothic Evolution Chess . Missing description By Harvey Patterson.
- Gothic Isles Chess . Fictional historic variant, with Dragons, Wizards and Champions. By Peter Aronson.
- Grand Cavalier Chess . The decimal version of Cavalier Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Grand Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Rider Chess. All pieces except the king are riders. By Larry Wheeler.
- Grand Shogi. Normal Shogi, but with extra pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Grande Acedrex . A large variant from 13th century Europe. Author: Marek14 .
- Grande Acedrex . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
- Gravity Chess . Pieces that moved attract pieces like magnets. By João Pedro Neto.
- Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi. Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Grid Chess . Always move to a different 4 by 4 square part of the board. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Walter Stead.
- Gross Chess . Play this 144 square variant with Zillions of Games. By Fergus Duniho.
- Groundskeeper Chess . Missing description By Yu Ren Dong.
- Guschess . Pieces can freely move in one of 38 areas on the board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gustavo A. Vargas.
Total items listed: 26