Starts with the letter 'D'
Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Dabbabante Chess. Variant played on a 10x10 board with Super Dabbabah pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century. Author: Douglas Silfen and Eduard Werner.
- Dark Chess . You can see all of your pieces, but only those of your opponent that you attack. Author: Andreas Kaufmann. Inventor: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Dart Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board with a new piece: the Dart. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Darren Izzard.
- Dead Square . When pieces take, the square becomes impassible and all surrounding pieces disappear. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Decima . Missing description By Michael Nelson.
- Deep Blue versus Kasparov. White and Black each have their own way of winning.
- Delayed Chess. Only see your opponent's moves that are two moves old. Author: Karl Scherer. Inventor: Peter Obermair.
- Delegating Chess . 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Delta88 Chess . Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Demi Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Demi-Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Demotion Chessgi . Chessgi variant limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns. By Fergus Duniho.
- Deneb . Special pieces and winning conditions. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Dervish Chess . Large variant with a great variety of pieces. By Benoit Dauphin.
- Descent Chess Zillions file. . Start with a King and two Pawns, then move or drop one of the remaining pieces. By Andreas Kaufmann.
- Desert Benedict Chess. A hybrid of Desert Chess by Uwe Wiedemann and Benedict Chess by W.D Troyka. By Rich Hutnik.
- Desertion Chess . When you move next to opposing pieces, they desert to your side; win by converting or capturing all opposing pieces. By Uwe Wiedemann.
- Diagonal Chess . Board turned 45 degrees. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: David Howe.
- Diagonal Oblong Chess . The board is an oblong on diagonal direction. By Shi Ji. By Shi Ji.
- Diagram Maker. Zillions of Games file for creating chess problem diagrams. Author: Ben Good.
- Diamond Chess . Chess variant on diamond shaped board with 40 squares. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Bruce Mills.
- Diamond Chess 306. A large variant inspired by Tony Paletta's PARACHESS and Fergus Duniho's ASSIMILATION FUSION CHESS. By David Cannon.
- Diana . Chess on a 6 by 6 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: ? Hopwood.
- Diana Chess . Chess on a 6 by 6 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: ? Hopwood.
- Different Armies. Various black armies versus the standard white army. By Roger Cooper.
- Different Armies Chess . Missing description Author: João Pedro Neto. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Different moving pieces . Missing description Author: Andrew Juell.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts. By Clark Rodeffer.
- Diplomat Chess . Round-board variant with a Diplomat to suborn opponents. By Carlos Martin-Fuertes.
- Displacement Chess 2 . Chess with minor modifications and no opening theory! By Charles Daniel.
- Divergent Chess . All pieces capture different than they move without capturing. By A.J. Winkelspecht.
- Do-or-die Chazz . Pawns that can move backward and kings only on 5 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 .
- Do-or-die Chess . Chess on 5 by 8 board: three rows removed. Author: Marek14 .
- Dodl-schach . A truly small variant. Author: Marek14 .
- Dollar Chess . Almost 1-Dimensional Variant on a Dollar sign-shaped board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Double Alternate Chess. Game played on two boards with object to checkmate either King. Inventor: Ken Franklin.
- Double Chess . On 16 by 8 board. Author: Sean Christopher Duggan. Inventor: David Short.
- Double Diamond . Irregular board with diagonal orientation. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Double King Chess . With two kings on a 10 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 .
- Double-Ended Chess. Captures are by withdrawal and approach. By Peter Aronson.
- Double-Pawn Chess . Pawns may combine into Double-Pawns which move twice a turn. By Peter Aronson.
- Doublestep Chess and Doubletime Chess . All pieces may move twice when moving. Author: Young-Hyun Joo. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- DragonChess . A three-dimensional fantasy variant. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary Gygax.
- Drawless Chess . Simple rules are added to make draws impossible. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Michael D. Ward.
- Drop Super Symchess (Updated) . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- DropSSShess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Dual Chess . A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- The Duel . Two hoppers eliminate squares as they go and compete against one another. By Namik Zade.
- The Duel II . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Dueling Archbishops . Small chess variant on 2 by 3 board.
- Duggan's Fantasy Chess (revised). Revised and Improved version of fantasy chess variant. By Sean Christopher Duggan.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess . Large variant from 18th century England. Author: Robert Price.
- Duluth chess. 5 minor changes to Western Chess that can affect all stages of the game. By Jeff Johnson.
- Dunkeys . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Dunsany Chess . 32 pawns play against a full set of pieces. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Edward John Morton Drax Plunkett.
- Dunsany's chess . 32 pawns play against a full set of pieces. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Edward John Morton Drax Plunkett.
- Durerschess . Dürer's Chess is played on a tiling of tessellating pentagons and diamonds, first described by Albrecht Dürer in 1525. By David Cannon.
- Dutch Chess . Different objective and piece movements with orthodox chess set. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Dynamic Chess . Pieces move like closest piece left on the same rank. Author: Marek14 .
Total items listed: 60