Starts with the letter 'B'
Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Bach Dang Chess . Game on board of 88 squares, with Ships and other special pieces and rules. By Vu Q Vo.
- Bachelor Chess . Win by mating your opponent, or marrying off your King. By Doug Chatham.
- Back-to-Back Chess . Both sides start "Back-to-Back", seperated by an uncrossable line on a specially-shaped 100 square board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Paul Kreutzer.
- Balaklava Chess . All non-royal units can make non-capturing knight moves. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gianluca Vecchi.
- Balbo's Chess . Board with a strange shape designed to make Bishops stronger in relation to Rooks. Author: Andrew Juell. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Ball's AKA Military Chess . Variant on 10x10 board with military-themed short-range pieces where the goal is to occupy one of your opponent's center squares. Author: Marek14 .
- Bank Chess . Put your assets on the bank for later use! 6 Variants. Author: Karl Scherer. Inventor: Karl Scherer and Denis van Straten.
- Barasi chess . Game named after inventor with Berolina pawns can also move backwards; other pieces can only move forwards. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Paul Barasi.
- Bario. Pieces are undefined until they move. Author: M Winther. Inventor: Panos Louridas.
- Barion. A variant of the chess variant Bario. By M Winther.
- Bastille Chess . Win by clearing your opponent's fortress. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Battle Chieftain Chess . Warriors and a king fight on a board with walls and holes. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Craig Daniel.
- Beastmaster Chess . Large chess variant with a fantasy theme, emphasizing leaping pieces. By Glenn Overby II.
- Beautiful Sun Chess (Meiriqi) . 10x10 blend of FIDE, Shogi, and Xiangqi influences. By Glenn Overby II.
- Bedlam . A hybrid of Metamorphin' Fusion Chess and Chessgi. By Fergus Duniho.
- Beginners Chess. Missing description By Stephane Burkhart.
- Bellows Chess . The board expands and contracts from turn to turn. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Tony Quintanilla.
- Benedict Chess . Instead of being captured, enemy pieces switch sides. By Dan Troyka.
- Besiege Chess . Large variant with White on either side, Black in center. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Bifocal Chess . A game without capture : win by checkmate with a neutral piece! By Antoine Fourrière.
- Big Battle . Large (10x10), commercial variant. Author: David Milne. Inventor: M. K. Morrison.
- Big Chess . Chess variant on a 14 by 8 square board with extra Pawns, Knights and Bishops. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Big Outer Chess . Large variant with concentric circles on the board, so there is less concentration on the center. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Peter Blanchard.
- Big Pawn Chess . Missing description By Ken Franklin.
- BigBangChess . Chess with an expanding and contracting board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Bilateral Chess . Game on 12x8 board adding Lions, switching Cannons, Wizards and pushing Elephants, but keeping the standard array in the middle. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Birds and Ninjas . Featuring the Flying Bombers that fly over to capture, and the short-range Ninja Guards that capture two enemy pieces at once. By Charles Daniel.
- Black Hole Chess . Variant on board with 100 squares with hole in middle of board, combination pieces and hiding squares for kings. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: David Short.
- Black Holes . On 5 by 8 board with holes as pieces which also can be used for transport. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Juraj Lörinc.
- The Blindly Game . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Blizzard Chess. Chess, as if it had been developed by the software industry. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Blarney.
- Blizzard Chess . Chess, as if it had been developed by the software industry (with all patch levels). Author: Alfred Pfeiffer. Inventor: Blarney.
- BlockChess. Decimal variant with standard pieces starting out in the corners. By Ronald W Brierley.
- BomberChess . A pawn may be exploded, removing pieces on all 8 adjacent squares. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Adam Norberg.
- Bomberman . Variant on 8 by 10 board with bombs and diffusers. Author: Jens Markmann.
- Boolean Rithmomachia . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Booster Chess . Pawns push friendly pieces. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Border Wars . Game played on the 42 edges of a grid, with elements of Shogi and XiangQi. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Border Wars II . Game played on line edges with Shogi-like aspects. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Borg Queen. Variant of Star Trek 3D Chess. By Larry L. Smith.
- Bottleneck Chess . Most pieces start the game locked up in two bottleneck parts of the board. By Köksal Karakus.
- Brett rules . Different mobility of queens, rooks, and bishops and a different winning condition. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Juraj Pivovarov.
- Brett Rules . Different mobility of queens, rooks, and bishops and a different winning condition. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Juraj Pivovarov.
- The Bridge41 . 41 square board with bridge in the middle. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Hubert Lamontagne.
- British Chess ZRF . ZRF for British-themed variant with a royal Queen + Lions, Unicorns & Dragons. By Fergus Duniho.
- Brotherhood Chess . A piece cannot capture one of its own kind. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gianluca Vecchi.
- Bughouse Chess. 4 player variant where pieces taken from your opponent are given to your partner. Author: Karl Scherer.
- Burmese Chess. Missing description Author: M Winther.
- Bushi Shogi. Extremely small shogi variant played with cube pieces. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Georg Dunkel.
- By Rook Or By Crook . Chess in the round on a hexagonal board with 42 trapezoidal squares. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jeff Rients.
- Byelorussian Cheskers . Crossover between chess and Russian draughts. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: N. N. Grushevsky.
- Byzantine Chess . A variant of Shatranj, played on a round board. Author: Robert Price.
Total items listed: 52