Starts with the letter 'R'
- Rabbit. A doubly-bent rider, inspired by the Gryphon and Aanca. By Tim Stiles.
- Raven. Can move as a Rook or a Nightrider. Author: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Reflecting Bishop. Moves as a Bishop, but can also reflect off of multiple sides of the board. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Rhino. A set of pieces which combine the movements of the Mao with that of the Wazir. By Peter Aronson.
- Rook. Moves across unobstructed orthogonal line. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Root-fifty leaper. makes a (5,5)-jump or an (7,1)-jump.
- Rose. Can make consecutive knightmoves in a circle.
|7 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||1 'Orthodox chess' entry listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7