Starts with the letter 'P'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Paladin. Moves as Bishop or as Knight. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Howe.
- Pancake. A piece that moves and captures like a non-royal King or a Nightrider-style cannon. By Ralph Betza.
- Pao. Moves like rook, but must jump when taking. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Pawn. Moves straight forward, takes diagonally forwards, and can promote. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho.
- Pawn (Xiangqi). Moves and captures one square straight forward.
- Phoenix. A piece which has the combined movements of the Wazir and the Alfil. Author: Greg Strong and Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Piececlopedia Guidelines. Missing description Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Pincer Pawn. Moves as rook, and takes by enclosing. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Princess. Moves as Bishop or as Knight. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Howe.
- Pushme-Pullyu. Moves like a Queen, and captures by approach and withdrawal. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Fergus Duniho.
Top of page
|10 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||1 'Orthodox chess' entry listed|
|2 'Oriental' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|2 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 10