Starts with the letter 'K'
- Kangaroo. Moves on Queen lines to first square after second jumped over piece. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: J. de A. Almay.
- Kangaroo (Newton). compound of Knight and Alfil. Author: Charles Gilman. Inventor: Timothy R. Newton.
- King. Shogi King. Royal piece moving one in arbitrary direction. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho.
- King Battler. King usually moves as a queen.
- Knight. See Knight. Makes a (1,2)-jump. Author: Fergus Duniho and Hans L. Bodlaender.
|5 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||2 'Orthodox chess' entries listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||2 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 5