Starts with the letter 'D'
- Dabbabah. Jumps two orthogonally. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Dragon. Combines pawn and knight movement, mainly as a problem piece, not found in variants. Author: Ben Good.
- Dragon. (DragonChess) Combines King and bishop movements, and capturing from afar (between boards). Author: Peter Spicer. Inventor: Gary Gygax.
- Dragon Horse. Moves as Bishop or Wazir. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Dragon King. Moves as Rook or Ferz. Also known as Dragon King. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Duke. Piece from RennChess that steps one orthogonally then slides diagonally, or slides diagonally then steps one orthogonally. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
|6 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||1 'Oriental' entry listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6