Starts with the letter 'C'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Caliph. compound of Bishop and Camel. Author: Charles Gilman. Inventor: Mark Hedden and Charles Gilman.
- Camel. An elongated Knight making a (3, 1) leap. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Cannon. Moves like rook, but must jump when taking. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Canvasser. Compound of Rook and Camel. By Charles Gilman.
- Cardinal. Moves as Bishop or as Knight. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Howe.
- Carpenter. compound of Knight and Dabbaba. Author: Charles Gilman.
- Cavalier. Piece from RennChess that steps one diagonally then slides orthogonally, or steps one orthogonally then slides diagonally. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Centaur. Moves as Knight or Man. Also known as Centaur. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Chameleon (1). Take a piece in the way that piece is taking. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Chameleon (2). Change movement abilities after every movement. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Champion. Moves one orthogonally or jumps two orthogonally or diagonally. Author: Ben Good and Fergus Duniho.
- Chancellor. Fairy Chess name for Rook+Knight compound. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Howe.
- Circe-Grasshopper. Leaps on Queen-lines to move or capture, and any piece leapt over returns to its starting square. By Ben Good.
- Commoner. Moves to any adjacent square, like a King, but not royal. Author: Sergey Sirotkin and Fergus Duniho.
- Contragrasshopper. Moves as queen but must always jump first. Author: Ben Good.
- Coordinator. Takes in `coordination' with king. Author: Ben Good. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Crab. Jumps as knight but only `narrow forwards' or `wide backwards'. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Crooked Bishop. Moves in a diagonal zigzagline. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: J. de A. Almay.
- Crooked Queen. Moves in a diagonal zigzagline or like a Rook. By Ralph Betza.
- Crowned Knight. Moves as Knight or Man. Also known as Centaur. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Crowned Rook. Moves as Rook or Ferz. Also known as Dragon King. Author: Fergus Duniho.
Top of page
|21 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|1 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 21