Starts with the letter 'Z'
- Zanzibar-S. A large CV with 72 pieces of 17 different types. Bigger than Metamachy. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Zanzibar-XL. Beyond Metamachy. 80 pieces of 19 different types, with historical lineage. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- zephyr chess. quinquereme chess with squirrels, airplanes, and renn cavaliers! By Andy Maxson.
- Zeppelin Chess. The Zeppelin flies directly to any empty square orthogonally, captures piece before landing square (+zrf). By M Winther.
- ZigZag Madness. Introducing the 2-path bent riders: the ZigZag Bishop and ZigZag Rook. By Charles Daniel.
- Zone X. Chess with a special central Zone, a new piece, and new moves. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
|6 'Play by mail item' entries listed||4 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6