Starts with the letter 'N'
- Nachtmahr. "Study game" with several different types of nightriders. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Nahbi Chess. Preset for Nahbi Chess. By Uri Bruck.
- Napoleonic Chess. Large chess variant with the `spirit of the Armies of the Napoleonic period'. Author: John Smith. Inventor: Tom Hartley.
- Naydorian Chess. an hexagonal variant from the fictional realm of Shadowgard. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Near Chess Preset. This is the preset for Near Chess. By Rich Hutnik.
- Net Chess. Variant of InterGrid Chess. Move between intersections. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Neutral King Chess. V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- New Age Chess. CDA variant substitutes Pushme-Pullyu as queen, and army with crabrooks, charging knights and waffles. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Andy Maxson.
- New Chess. Drop-chess with pawn relocation. Standard pieces and rules. Ideal for avoiding opening theory. By M Winther.
- New Renniassance Chess. Faster Game with new pieces... Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Nightrider Armies. Nightriders replace rooks and nightrider compounds replace rook compounds in four variants. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Nilakantha's Intellectual Game. 17th or 18th century Indian chess variation. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer. Inventor: _unknown.
- Nine-Queen Chess. Queens are placed instead of Pawns. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Eric Beck.
- Ninjutsu (Claustrophobia 2). Win by invading palace or checkmate; new leaping pieces promote to gain more power. By Charles Daniel.
- Ninth Century Indian Chess. Differs from Shatranj in the setup and the Elephant's move. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer.
- Nonary Chess. King or queen are optionally swapped with a bishop before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Nuclear Chess. Play Nuclear Chess on the Play-By-Mail System! Author: Jason Shields and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Nuclear Chess Play-By-Mail game. Examine this game! Author: Jason Shields and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Nutty Shogi. Smaller version of Tenjiku Shogi on a 13x13 board. Author: Adam DeWitt. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
Total items listed: 19