Starts with the letter 'D'
- D B Extreme ! (Doppelganger BordahBee Extreme). Doppelganger BordahBee Combo with Very High Capturing Potential. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Dada. The colorbound chess variant. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Dead Ringers Chess. Double chess game with twin pieces that are captured simultaneously. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Deathmatch Chess. A longer Chess game. By LuigiMaster285 .
- Decima. Variant on 10 by 10 board where you win when you have 10 points on the 10th row. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- Delegating Chess. 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Delta88 Chess. trigonal chess using an hexagonal-lattice board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Deluxe Chess. http://hometown.aol.com/taurusgaming/index.html. By Stephen R. Stockman.
- Demi Chess. Weak short range pieces with less symmetry than some more familliar pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- The Demon Game. Larry Smith 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- The Demon Game. 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Deneb. Now you can play Deneb on the Play-By-Mail system! Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Deneb Play-By-Mail game. Observe this game being played in the Invent and Play contest! Turn 4. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Dervish Chess. Large variant with a great variety of pieces. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Benoit Dauphin.
- Descent Chess. Kaufmann's drop variant. Begins with only K + P + P. Recommendable! Author: M Winther. Inventor: Andreas Kaufmann.
- Desert Pub Chess. A game with Desert Ferz and Desert Wazirs which make muliple captures by jumping. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Diamond Chess. Chess on a Diamond board. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Dice Mate Chess. No capture; checkmate only happens if roll of the dice is favorable. By George William Duke.
- Diffusion Chess. Creative attempt by Alexander Munoz to combine Chess and Go. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Alexandre Muñiz.
- Dimachaer Chess. The Dimachaer is a gladiator bifurcation piece that must collide to move (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Dimension X. Unusual transdimensional pieces interact with FIDE Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Directed Alice Chess III. 3-board Alice. By Joe Joyce.
- Disintegration Chess. Pre-set for the game of disintegrating kings, rooks, fye'tins, and pawns. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Displacement Chess 2. Chess with flexible castling, reverse symmetry and no opening theory. By Charles Daniel.
- DoGod Random. Pawns and pieces dispersed on first and second ranks. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Doppelganger BordahBee. A combination of BordahBee and Doppelganger Chess. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Doppelganger Chess. Pieces have their "doubles" (Doppelgangers). Capture an opponent's piece to make both disappear... uses a FIDE chess set. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Double Chess. FIDE Chess x 2(with extra queen replacing what would be an extra king). Author: Fergus Duniho and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: David Short.
- Double Diamond. Pieces start diagonally across from one another and pawns move diagonally. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Double EIGHTEEN-STONE chess. David Short combines his Double Chess with Jim Aikin's Eight-Stone Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Short.
- Dr. Who Chess. Variant based on the popular TV seiries. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Dragonet Chess. The Dragonet flies to any square queenwise, captures piece behind landing square (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Dragonfly. Christian Freeling's 7x7 Chessgi type variant. No Queens. Pawns don't drop. Author: Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Dromedary Chess. Pieces adjacent to the King can leap like a Dromedary (Camel). By M Winther.
- Drop Chess. Chess with a new dropping mechanic. By LuigiMaster285 .
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Duel Chess. PBM Preset for 43-space variant played on two boards. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Erez Schatz.
- Dueling Archbishops. Chess game with only six cells but with a piece that morphs into four different forms. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: John Third Duke of Rutland.
- Dynamo Chess. Preset for Dynamo Chess. Author: Adrian Alvarez de la Campa. Inventor: Hans Kluever.
Total items listed: 40