Starts with the letter 'V'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- V.R. Parton. A page with information on V.R. Parton. Author: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Vagabond Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Patrik Hedman.
- Valdskak. Icelandic version. Supported units cannot be captured. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Valiant Chess. Knight pawns at the fifth rank have an additional jump move to empty square (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Vao. moves like bishop but must jump when taking.
- Variable Chess. A light piece is first moved outside the board. From there it can be introduced at any time via an empty square (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Variant Chess. Journal of the British Chess Variant Society.
- Variant Chess magazine. Missing description
- Variant Chess news vol 1 no 1 . Missing description Author: Michael Jameson.
- The Variant Chess Website . Missing description
- Variant Chess, August 2004. Article on Hierarchical Chess. Author: John Beasley.
- Variant Chess, Autumn 2000. Missing description
- Variant Chess, Autumn 2001. Missing description
- Variant Chess, New Year 2002. Excerpts from the New Year 2002 issue.
- Variant Chess, Spring 2001. Missing description
- Variants playable against the diagram's AI. Index of variants that can be played against the interactive diagram. By H. G. Muller.
- Variants with Queens. Some variants, mostly dealing with queens, and mostly modest. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Vavulin Creative Chess. Before the start of the game, every player, creates up with one rule for both players, which operates the whole game. By Dmitrii Vavulin.
- Las Vegas Fun Chess. Special chess dice determine what piece to move. Author: Edward D. Collins. Inventor: George Koltanowski.
- Las Vegas Fun Chess. Game with dice. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: George Koltanowski.
- Vegas Fun Chess. Play Chess with a pair of Chess dice. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: George Koltanowski.
- Veles Chess. Introducing the deflecting Veles bifurcator on a Gustavian board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Ven Chess. Moves are written down by both players before making the moves simultaneously. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Graham M. Smith.
- Venator Chess. Introducing the Venator, a bifurcation cannon related to the Korean cannon, on a Gustavian board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Vendetta. Commercial four-player chess variant. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Venomous. New system of chess on 10x10 board with new pieces: the Sorcerer Snake and the even more venomous Sissa. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Charles Daniel.
- Venomous. Play this new large board system of chess with the Sissa, Sorcerer Snake and Ninja pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Venomous . The Sissa and Sorcerer Snake on a large board chess system with Ninja Pawn drops. By Charles Daniel.
- Verney's Four-Handed Chess. Missing description Author: Ed Friedlander.
- VERO Chess. Standard chess with a twist. By RICHARD BIELE.
- Verve. A real-time, hidden information, chess variant for playing online! By David Potter.
- Verve Chess: Attacking with VERVE: Chess for the digital age. An interview with the inventor of Verve Chess. and David Potter. Inventor: David Potter.
- Very Heavy Chess. A lot of firepower with all compounds of classical chess pieces. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Very Heavy Chess. Play Very Heavy Chess on Game Courier. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- veSQuj - Chess with 21st century armies . A highly tactical variant with a 21st-century-war theme. By Glenn Overby II.
- veSQuj - Chess with 21st century armies. A highly tactical variant with a 21st-century-war theme. (6x6, Cells: 36) By Glenn Overby II.
- Veteran Chess. Most pieces can or must irreversibly promote when they capture. By H. G. Muller.
- Victorian Chess. Capablanca variant with the most powerful pieces starting on the outside. (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: John Kipling Lewis and Greg Strong. Inventor: John Kipling Lewis and David Paulowich.
- Victorian Chess. Play Victorian Chess on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: David Paulowich and John Kipling Lewis.
- Viennese Chess. Free placement with a screen. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Viennese Chess, or Viennese Kriegspiel. Start with a secretly made setup. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: David Howe. Inventor: Dr. Ritter von Korwin-Dzbanski.
- Vierschach. 19th Century 4-player game where allies start off at right angles to each other. (14x14, Cells: 160) Author: Jörg Knappen. Inventor: G. Arthur Lutze.
- Vietnamese Chess . Each player has a King, which captures cannon-style, and 11 non-capturing Pawns on a 25-intersection Alquerque-style board. Author: Marek14 .
- Viking Chess. Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. (12x7, Cells: 84) Author: Tomas Forsman and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Viking Chess . Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. By Tomas Forsman.
- Viking Chess. Play Viking Chess online with Game Courier. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Viking Chess. Game board and pieces in search of rules. (Cells: 37) Author: Michael Ireland.
- Vimes Chess. Variant inspired by a footnote in a Discworld novel. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- Vincent's chessproblems . Chess and giveaway chess problem website.
- Vintage Gamer Chess Variants Podcast. Audio recording discussing chess variants. Author: Jim Van Verth.
- A Visit to Nemoroth. Ralph visits Nemoroth in a dream, and reports a game by its greatest champion. By Ralph Betza.
- Vo, Vu Q. . Website of Vu Vo -- Quang Trung Chess. Author: Vu Q Vo.
- Voidrider Chess. A 43 square variant with movable spaces. (7x9, Cells: 43) By Fergus Duniho.
- Voidrider Chess . A 43 square variant with movable spaces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Voidrider Chess. A 43 square variant with movable spaces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Vortex Chess. Ortho-chess with the inclusion of a new piece: the Portal. By Robert LeRoy.
- Vortex Chess. Similar to Warp Point Chess only with "portals" that are more dynamic and split between the two players... Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Robert LeRoy.
- Voting on the contest to design a 10-chess variant. Voting rules and grouping of the games in four sets. Author: Fergus Duniho and Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Voting page for the 10-chess variant design contest. Page with four groups of games; vote before September 15, 2005. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Vox Populi Chess variant. A crowd plays itself at a game with only one winner. By Rich Hutnik.
- Vyremorn Chess . Large variant on two overlapping square boards. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Nathan McDonald.
- Vyremorn Chess. Large variant on two overlapping square boards. (Cells: 132) By Nathan McDonald.
- Vyremorn Chess Pictures. Photo's of large chess variant. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Nathan McDonald.
Top of page
Total items listed: 63