Starts with the letter 'N'
- Narnia Chess. Chess played on both the outside and inside of a soccer ball. (Cells: 52) By David Cannon.
- Narnia Chess . Chess, played on both the outside and inside of a social ball, with the Pentagons as "gateways" between the two. By David Cannon.
- Naydorian Chess. an hexagonal variant from the fictional realm of Shadowgard. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Necromancer Chess. The Undead Walk. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Larry L. Smith.
- Neoteric Chess. Pieces are swapped before play begins. An external piece is introduced (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Never-Ending Infinite Sandbox Chess Game. Online forum-based chess game with 12 players, infinite board, and many pieces. By Kamafa Delgato.
- Ninja Chess. 12x8 board with Ninjas that can capture multiple pieces and new defenders. By sxg.
- Noble Wing Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Mark Simpson.
- Noble WingS Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Mark Simpson.
- Noli Me Tangere Chess. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By Patrik Hedman.
- Nonary Chess. King or queen are optionally swapped with a bishop before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Not-so colorbound cylindrical chess. Game only with pieces, that would be colorbound on normal board. (7x8, Cells: 56) By Daniil Frolov.
- Notake Shogi. All pieces stay on the Shogi board at all times. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Charles Gilman.
- Nuthouse. Missing description (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By Yu Ren Dong.
- Nuthouse . Missing description By Yu Ren Dong.
- Nutty Shogi. Pieces jump over many others, and a Fire Demon burns neighbors. (13x13, Cells: 169) By H. G. Muller.
- NWAPs. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
Total items listed: 17