Starts with the letter 'L'
- Ladies and Generals. Missing description (6x9x6, Cells: 324) By Charles Gilman.
- Landing force shogi. Missing description (9x9, Cells: 81) By Daniil Frolov.
- Latrumcolorum Chess. Piece caught between two opponent pieces is moved by him. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Latrunculi XXI. A 21st century variant on an ancient Chess-like game of the Roman empire. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Jose Carrillo.
- Latte Chess. Alternative starting position, with each player having 4 rooks/bishops/knights, 1 king and queen, and 8 pawns. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Michael .
- LeaperChess. Variant of Capablanca Chess with two extra Knights per side replacing the Archbishop and Chancellor. By James Zuercher.
- Lemniscate Chess. Chess played on a Lemniscate board (in the shape of an infinity symbol). (18x4, Cells: 72) By David Cannon.
- Lemniscate Chess . Chess played on a Lemniscate board (in the shape of an infinity symbol). By David Cannon.
- Lifeform Chess. Instead of individual units, pieces are parts of the body of a giant animal. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Link to: Rainbowchess . Cards determine which pieces are placed on the board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Jozias Hillenkamp and Melchior Hillenkamp.
- Locusts. Simple chess variant with only two set of pieces on each army. (12x12, Cells: 144) By Yu Ren Dong.
- Locusts . Simple chess variant with only two set of pieces on each army. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Ludus Magus. Missing description (8x8x2, Cells: 145) By Larry L. Smith.
- Ludus Magus . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
Total items listed: 14