Starts with the letter 'D'
- Decimal Quadruple Besiege. Army based on Échecs De L'Escalier arranged on enlarged Quadruple Besiege board. (20x20, Cells: 200) By Charles Gilman.
- Diagonal Oblong Chess. The board is an oblong in diagonal direction. By Shi Ji. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Shi Ji.
- Diagonal Oblong Chess . The board is an oblong on diagonal direction. By Shi Ji. By Shi Ji.
- Diamond Chess 306. Missing description (22x24, Cells: 306) By David Cannon.
- Diamond Chess 306. A large variant inspired by Tony Paletta's PARACHESS and Fergus Duniho's ASSIMILATION FUSION CHESS. By David Cannon.
- Directed Alice Chess III. 3-board Alice. By Joe Joyce.
- Directed Alice III. a 3-board Alice Chess variant. By Joe Joyce.
- Displacement Chess 2. Chess with flexible castling, reverse symmetry and no opening theory. By Charles Daniel.
- Displacement Chess 2 . Chess with minor modifications and no opening theory! By Charles Daniel.
- Dream Chess 47. 47-square variant played from opposite corners of a 7 by 7 board with the other corners removed. (7x7, Cells: 47) By Charles Gilman.
- DUAL RING Tournament Format. Tournament format for handling uneven number of players. By Rich Hutnik.
- Dürer's Chess. Dürer's Chess, played on a board of 151 tessellating pentagons and diamonds. (Cells: 151) By David Cannon.
- Durerschess . Dürer's Chess is played on a tiling of tessellating pentagons and diamonds, first described by Albrecht Dürer in 1525. By David Cannon.
Total items listed: 13